JEFERCO PELLETS, a subsidiary of JEFERCO, will set up a pellet manufacturing plant in ANOR, Avesnois (59)
This plant will be one of the largest industrial pellet production units in Europe with:
- A location on the economic zone of Saint-Laurent in ANOR (liable to host industrial, craft or commercial activities) with an agreement protocol signed with la Communauté de Communes Sud Avesnois
- A 6.9-hectare right-of-way and a floor area of 2,998 square meters;
- A shipment of pellets from the plant mainly by rail.
Key features of the project
- A production of 120,000 tons of pellets per year, mainly for the European industry.
- Running 24 hours a day, 7/7, 11 months a year.
- 26 direct job creations (including 3 executives) and as many indirect jobs.
- The multi-year supply plan for raw materials includes:
- Certified green wood PEFC (Pan European Forest Certification) :100,000 to 140,000 tons/year (95% hardwood)
- Recycled wood 80,000 to 90,000 tons per year (with the following possible distribution: 20,000 to 25,000 tons/year Class A wood and 60,000 to 65,000 tons/year blend of 60% Class A and 40% Class B.)
- Green waste (boiler feed – in addition to bark): 20,000 t/year.
- The planned construction schedule is 9 to 12 months.
- Authorization to operate obtained on October 25, 2018 replacing the previous authorization to operate of December 18, 2014
- Building permits obtained on March 21, 2014 and Amending Building Permits obtained on October 9, 2015 with very slight adjustments following the authorization to operate of December 18, 2014